Open Call for Two Student Reporters
“A Matter of Trust” – an art project
Are you interested in contemporary art and want to gain relevant experience? Do you want your writing to be exposed to international audiences?
The Department of Culture and Education of the German Consulate General in Shanghai and Professor Xiang Zairong, Assistant Professor of Comparative Literature and Associate Director of Art at Duke Kunshan University, are currently working on a joint art project with the artist collective Ci Zhi 刺纸. In two workshops that will be held in Shanghai and Kunshan in February and March, the artists will work on a printed publication and the production of a drifting book bag reflecting stories and matters of trust in our society. Their artistic contributions will be part of the Kultursymposium Weimar 2023 (https://www.goethe.de/prj/ksw/en/index.html).
For the presentation and documentation of this project, we are now looking for two enthusiastic student journalists to work with us in a friendly, easygoing atmosphere! You will be responsible for:
- Full participation in the 2-phase workshops (from February 15 to 22, March 13 to 19 2023)
- Assisting artists who will take up residency at DKU, helping them with university logistics, arrival/departure to DKU, and travel between Kunshan and Shanghai.
- Recording the workshops by means of photos or videos;
- Conducting interviews with artists and participants
- Submitting 1-2 press releases and/or stories about the workshops in English and Chinese before April 2023 (ca. 40h/person)
You are expected to have:
- An enrollment in Duke Kunshan University, preferably majoring in Arts and Humanities
- A creative mind, and excellent English and Chinese writing skills
- Good photography and photo/video editing skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage and complete assignments on time
You will get:
- A short-term job contract with the Department of Culture and Education of the German Consulate General in Shanghai
- Remuneration and credit for your work
- Opportunity to gain insight into artistic research and production as well as international and inter-institutional collaboration
How to apply:
To apply for this short-term job, please send your resume and a motivation letter (one page) to Xin Xiong firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 12 February, 2023 by 23:59 BJT
As the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany, the Goethe-Institut promotes cultural exchange, education and social discourse. We support the teaching and learning of the German language and provide information worldwide about the cultural and social diversity of Germany and Europe. In Shanghai, the Department of Culture and Education of the German Consulate General takes over the tasks of the Goethe-Institut.